Skip to content
 > Home > Agencies > Federal & State

Federal & State Agencies

California Board of Equalization (BOE) 
(800) 400-7115
Questions regarding sales and use, property and special taxes.
Disaster Property Tax Relief
Disaster Relief Tax Guide
Disaster Relief FAQs

California Contractors State License Board 
(800) 321-CSLB (2752)
Information on how to check the license of contractors and guidance on building after a natural disaster.
How to Hire a Contractor (Video)

California Department of Housing and Community Development 
(916) 255-2501 permits
(800) 952-8356 registration and titling
Can assist with manufactured housing questions, including repairs, installation and/or registration and titling.
Disaster recovery

California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) 
(800) 777-0133
Forms to assist in replacing documents, such as driver licenses, identification cards, vehicle registration, and certificates of title lost to disaster.

California Department of Public Health 
(916) 650-6416 main line
(916) 445-2684 vital records
Information on health concerns related to a disasters.
Disaster related

California Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) 
(800) 952-5626
Services for those with CALVET loans who have suffered damage caused by a disaster. Evacuation reimbursements, replacement of records and documents.

California Employment Development Department (EDD) 
(800) 300-5616 (unemployment insurance benefit claims)
(888) 745-3886 (assistance for employers)
Employment services for job seekers and employers.  Unemployment benefits for qualified workers who lose their job due to no fault of their own, such as disaster.  Employers affected by a state of emergency may request a 60-day extension to file state payroll taxes without penalties or interest.
Disaster related

California Office of Emergency Services (CalOES) 
(916) 845-8510
Information on disaster preparedness and recovery.

Department of Insurance (CDI)
(800) 927-4357
Answer questions about existing insurance policies and coverage provided. ​
CDI Wildfire Resources

Franchise Tax Board 
(800) 852-5711
Information on filing disaster and casualty losses on a tax return.
Disaster Loss Information

Internal Revenue Service 
(800) 829-1040
For information on Casualty, Disaster, and Theft Losses and other questions regarding Federal income and payroll taxes.

Senator Dianne Feinstein 
(415) 393-0707
Help with issues with any federal agencies; for example, passports, Social Security checks lost or damaged, etc.

Small Business Administration (SBA) 
(800) 827-5722
SBA Disaster Loan Program
SBA Disaster Loan Application

Social Security Administration (SSA) 
(800) 772-1213
Information on applying for Social Security benefits, survivor benefits, expediting delivery of check due to disaster, and replacement of lost social security cards.

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs 
(800) 827-1000
Information about VA death benefits, pension, insurance settlements, or other information related to VA.

Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Supplemental Nutrition Program 
(707) 994-1151
14085 Lakeshore Drive #4, Clearlake, CA 95422
Helps low income to moderate income pregnant women, new mothers, babies and young children with vouchers for healthy and nutritious food.