Skip to content
 > Home > Resources > Document Replacement

Document Replacement

Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services

(800) 375-5283

Department of Motor Vehicles
Visit a California DMV office to complete the required application. Replacement license forms must be delivered in person. Make an appointment online or call (800) 777-0133.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
(800) 375-5283

How to Apply to Replace Your Green Card
If you are a permanent resident who needs to replace your green card or a conditional resident who needs to replace your two-year green card for any of the reasons listed below, you may begin the application process for a replacement green card by:

Department of Veterans Affairs
(800) 827-100
TDD/TTY: (800) 829-4833

You can use a my Social Security account to request a replacement Social Security card online if you:

  • Are a U.S. citizen age 18 years or older with a U.S. mailing address;
  • Are not requesting a name change or any other change to your card; and
  • Have a driver’s license or a state-issued identification card from one of the states listed.

If you cannot apply for a card online, you will need to show the required documents. We need to see different documents depending on your citizenship and the type of card you are requesting. See Learn What Documents You Need to find out what documents you will have to show. Fill out and print an Application for a Social Security Card; and take or mail your application and documents to your local Social Security office.

Find local Social Security Office:
(800) 772-1213
TDD/TTY: (800) 325-0778

State Department
(877) 487-2778
TTY: (888) 874-7793

Form PDF-1048(I) from your bank or at and mail to:

Department of the Treasury
Bureau of the Public Debt
Savings Bonds Operations

PO Box 1328
Parkersburg, WV  26106-1328