The primary purpose of the Community Development Department is to provide guidance and coordination for all land planning and development activities throughout the unincorporated portions of Lake County.
The Department is composed of three divisions:
- Building and Safety
- Code Enforcement
Commonly Accessed Resources
- Cannabis - The Community Development Department is pleased to announce the new Cannabis Permitting page. Many frequently answered questions for Cannabis Permitting in Lake County can be found on this page
- Environmental Consultant List - The Community Development Department has prepared a list of known environmental consultants to reach out to for preparation of environmental reviews associated with cannabis cultivation permits
- Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors - Access Agendas, Minutes and Staff Reports from Town Halls, Planning Commission and Board of Supervisor meetings.
- Building Permits - Please submit a building permit application via our Accela. Building Citizens Portal.
- Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Grant Program (PDF) - Recover California is offering an Owner-Occupied Housing Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Grant Program for Lake County Residents. This program provides grants to eligible homeowners whose primary residence was impacted by eligible 2017 and 2018 wildfires, mudflows, and debris flows. Grants for eligible homeowners based on recovery need: up to $150,000 for 2017 disasters and up to $200,000 for 2018 disasters.
COVID Response Action Plan
During a Special Meeting held on January 19, 2021, in response to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases within the County of Lake, the BOS voted to close the Courthouse to the public effective immediately while ensuring that the delivery of services will continue via electronic methods. The CDD has immediately enacted a COVID-19 Response Action Plan to ensure that all CDD services can be seamlessly transitioned to electronic and teleconferencing. That Action Plan includes the following but is not limited to:
- Using email, telephone, and video conference services as much as possible
- Updating this website in real-time to address any changes and provide guidance on how to access these electronic services
Disclaimer on Relevancy of Information
The information here has been provided as a convenience to the reader. Every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within this website. However, in the event of a discrepancy between this website and the governing municipal, building, or zoning by-law, and any other governing by-law, the governing by-law will take precedence.